Tuesday, August 14, 2007

August 14th, 2007

31 Days, 10 Hours, 1 Minute, and some odd seconds...



I'm speechless... These past three months have FLOWN by! One month from right now I'll probably be waking up and getting ready for a Bridal Brunch that our dear friend Arlynn is having for my bridesmaids and me. Then, off to finish packing and getting ready for our wedding!! I am getting married... Aside from when I gave my life to the Lord, this will be the single most important day of my life!
I have been struck recently with God's guiding hand and faithfulness. To think that I have only lived here in Atlanta for eleven months and I am getting married in less then a month is sometimes mind boggling! Yet, these past few weeks the Lord has brought up numerous instances where I can clearly see His loving hand guiding me. Not that I didn't know He was guiding me, but sometimes He lets us have a small glimpse into His ultimate plan. Him allowing these glimpses has been a very vital part of this walk for me. I have felt encouraged and loved by Him. I have felt His kindness and goodness so specifically.
I wish how I could express how this season is a healing balm to my soul. I wish I could go into detail about the instances that have occurred that assure me that the He is involved in every detail and that my treasured friend, who has gone before me, is rejoicing with me.
Being married is a calling I have felt for a very long time. It is one thing I desire most under seeing my Savior in Heaven. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for the gift I have in Jason. His friendship and love are invaluable to me. I can hardly contain the excitement I experience when I think about getting to spend my life learning him and knowing him. He is the love of my life and my best friend...
God is faithful.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, you really have this countdown thing down! Our wedding is in less than 2 weeks and I still have to think first before I tell you how many days, much less hours!

hosanna said...

KATIE!!!!
I can't believe YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED! Thanks for the note of encouragement on my blog...I appreciate it!
Love you and can't wait til the BIG day!!!

Anonymous said...

Katie,

We are all rejoicing with you. :)

God has been faithful to you and will continue to pour out His lovingkindness on you. Praise God for His wonderful mercy and grace in Christ Jesus.

Kelsey

ps-see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Katie, I'm so happy for you!!God is so faithful!!!!Linda Dowling

Jenn said...

So happy for you girl and looking forward to tomorrow night, love you!

Jessica Rockey said...

Hey Katie,
We finally got a computer! I've enjoyed looking at your blog and seeing what the Lord's been doing in your life. David and I are truely happy for you! Enjoy the next few weeks... they'll fly by.