Monday, March 26, 2007

Courtship




Courtship
noun
a period in which a couple develop a romantic relationship; with a view towards marriage

On Friday, the 16th of March, I had the priviledge of being asked to court by my dear friend Jason. I was flying home to VaBeach for the weekend, and while I was thousands of feet in the air Jason was talking to my dad... I landed in Newport News around 8:30 and a few minutes after turning my phone on, it rang. The call was coming from Jason. I answered and we talked about my flight for a few minutes. Then, as I was walking to get off the plane he asked if he could court me. Well, I hardly had to think about it and answered yes right away. Since that night I have had the joy of being pursued by a very kind, caring, and Godly young man. It is a delight growing in our friendship as we spend lots of time together getting to know one another better.

In all of this, I have seen the Lord's faithful hand guiding our steps. I have and am learning to trust Him and to be patient and peaceful.

We covet your prayers as we continue this process of seeking wisdom and growing in our friendship! :)

"He who did not spare his own son but have him up for us all, how will he not also with hiim graciously give us all things?' Romans 8:32

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Thankful for you Katie, great post. Praying for you. Hoping Wed. will work!!

Love you,
Jenn

Michelle said...

Katie's got a boooy-frieend. Katie's got a boooyfrieennnd. :-) hehe. So happy.

erin said...

Hey Katie..I'll be praying for you guys! He's cute :). By the way, I love your hair color! So pretty!!

Bekah said...

Katie!! YAYYY!!! Im so excited for you guys! And Im praying for you too! Cant wait to see you both at Easter...you're both coming right? Love you!

-Bek

Coleman Elizabeth said...

I was waiting for this post... hehehe...
Cute pics :)
Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! :) :)

Bethany said...

Too cute. You all are adorable.