Monday, October 09, 2006

Amicoloa Falls






Coleman, Michael, and Matt were down visiting this past weekend. These pictures are from our trip up to Amicoloa Falls. Church was cancelled Sunday morning due to a sewage leak... So we went hiking and enjoyed God's creation!
We began our adventure at the BEGINNING of the Appalachian trail. It was a nice little uphill hike, however, we didn't make it all the way to Maine.
We stopped at the falls. It was pretty crowded, so we didn't get a group shot here. I enjoyed testing out my new camera though. I slowed the shutter speed down so that the water looks like milk flowing over the rocks. I love this affect on water. The boys had to hurry me along though, I was taking up the prime "picture-taking spot" and people were lining up behind me. Oops!
It was so nice having them here. Coleman and I had a great time exploring downtown Atlanta on Saturday. I'll have to post some images from that another day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty which one did you end up getting?

Anonymous said...

Is this your first digi

Katie Virginia said...

yes it is my first! I held out and waited for the D80. It was out of stock since it came out at B&H in September. One day last week I decided to check Best Buy, and sure enough they had one at the store right here near where I work. I LOVE IT. Though, it is still so new to me and I haven't gotten used to all of it's special features. One day soon I'm going to actually read the manual :)

Stacey said...

awwwww- i miss you and coleman :(