Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Random Thoughts

I've been thinking lately about living each day fully and to the glory of God. Sometimes my week looks incredibly mundane. I know this is a result of my own heart attitude. I've been reading a book called, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands. The author talks about holding our lives with an open hand, not only our life but the things that make up our life. Then, at church this past Sunday I heard a message on the holy spirit and allowing him to have complete reign in one's life. It is all quite timely considering the struggles I've been facing.

I've been sad and emotionally drained the last couple of weeks, but through it all I've seen the Lord's kindness in His provisions. I was able to do some really fun things last week like shop in Richmond and go snowboarding.





It was nice to be out and doing busy things... Snowboarding rocked! I made it down the black diamond and double black diamond... The funny thing was, I could hardly make it off the lift!!

Richmond was beautiful! We went shopping in Cary Town and then Shortpump. Cary Town was a little street lined with quaint stores (mostly girlie stores, so we felt kind of bad for the boys!)





My prayer this week is to be content and grateful for the many blessings God has placed in my life and to live with open hands and a desire to the God take complete control of my life.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

There are so many aspects to life that do seem mundane huh. Funny I am reading your posts backwards and so on your most recent post was telling you how much I miss the luxury of time to learn. I miss your stage of life. I am enjoying my new stage too but there is a little bit of me that really misses your stage. Write a list of what you love right now in your life and focus on those positive things. Sometimes I think there can be joy found even in the mundane if you are looking for it. I don't know who the quote is by but I love the one that says. "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big thing."

Ashleigh said...

Bethany, love that quote!

Katie, I know what you mean about a week looking mundane. Often times that's how I feel too! I love what you said about how your prayer this week is "to be content and grateful for the many blessings God has placed in my life and to live with open hands and a desire to the God take complete control of my life." I want that to be my prayer too!

Oh, I found your blog through Bethany's site. I love that so many people from SGC(like you and Michelle)are starting to blog.

Charissa said...

I'm loving all the blogs I find through Bethany, too! What fun to feel connected again :0)

Katie, one of my biggest challenges in France was feeling that life was mundane. Yes, I was in a different country and living a life different than I've ever known, but I still woke up, made breakfast, got dressed, took care of kids, etc, etc, etc. I think I went there expecting it to be exciting just because it was different and, come on - it was the french riviera! But no matter how exciting our life seems, we still have to make the choice to enjoy it. There are so many miserable millionaires! Even now, as I am doing the trip of a lifetime and LOVING it, I still find myself wanting to give up and go home because it gets hard. No matter how many amazing things may be going on in my life, being "content and grateful" is something I often have to remind myself and pray about.

It is midnight here, after 19 longs days of travel, so I may not be making any sense. But I am glad that you are aware it is an issue of the heart and are working to grow in this area. I look forward to hearing what God does in this area and will be praying for you. I love you!
Charissa